ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to make marquee style" light bulbs Letter Lights

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tyquan carter
How to make marquee style" light bulbs Letter Lights
on Jan 24, 2015 at 12:38:40 am

I have seen studying all week looking around to try and find out out to make marquee style" light bulbs Letter Lights effects in after effects. What i have in mind is metal realist text with lights in them something like what was use in these two music video. "In this music video at 3:00 and after they use the effect I want to learn. They are spelling out the word dam with it

in this video they are using it too

some friends told me i can make the effect, and some friends are telling me it looks like a light grids behind them on a sound stage set. I need help thanks.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: How to make marquee style" light bulbs Letter Lights
on Jan 24, 2015 at 4:28:51 am

The first video sure looks like a practical effect (real light rig on set) to me. While it could be done in a 3D app, with 3D bulbs and lens flares, it would probably be cheaper to hire a lighting designer to build the prop.

The second one can definitely be done in AE. You could use a combination of the CC Ball Effect on a couple of layers, combined with glows, or you could purchase a template and save a lot of time:

http://videohive.net/item/led-lights-logo-or-text/7391133?ref=nathanpiccio

Although not exactly the look you're talking about, it's a pretty sharp looking effect.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

tyquan carter
on Jan 24, 2015 at 8:41:50 am

Thanks a lot! I want to do it in a 3d app, and i will learn all i can, and spend as much time is needed to get the job done. i dont mind working hard for what i want, when its done i will be proud. Learning more about 3D bulbs and lens flares will help me make a effect close to it? I made theses two effects trying to learn some skills to make it this video

and this video

has two light word effects i made. I will call a lighting designer to see how much it would cost as well, thanks for the advice. When you say "i can use combination of the CC Ball Effect on a couple of layers, combined with glows" what do you mean? I need help understanding im sorry but im still new to after effects im just starting to kinda get the hang of it. I see the template, but i want to make one myself. Since i have been trying to all week i think making it myself would be more fun. Thanks a lot i got desperate and for the last two hours i started tyring to make one in photo shop lol that might not work out to well in the end, but i wanted to do something and not just be lost.

Return to posts index

tyquan carter
on Jan 24, 2015 at 9:17:31 am

I made a mistake the 2nd video i wanted to show you was this one pdiddy did something like it in his video too

Return to posts index

Frank Feijen
on Jan 24, 2015 at 9:14:14 am

And this might be an interesting starting point as well: http://videohive.net/item/light-it-up-light-bulb-text-or-logo-reveal/690368...

Return to posts index

tyquan carter
on Jan 24, 2015 at 10:15:06 am

Thanks, how do I make something like that myself?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jan 24, 2015 at 8:46:09 pm

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

tyquan carter
on Jan 25, 2015 at 9:34:07 am

Thanks for finding that video for me. What im looking for is more like whats in this video, the 2nd video i posted was a mistake. This is the right video i was trying to post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]