ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How to make logo intro?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse WiatrakHow to make logo intro?
by on Jan 21, 2015 at 7:11:07 pm

Ok- I made this logo for my business- but I want to make an intro for the videos I make. I want to make it so that the colored stripes fly in from the bottom and take their current position in the logo, they should fly in and when they come to one of the corners they make a right turn and again until they are in the position that they are in the image. How would I go about doing something like this?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: How to make logo intro?
by on Jan 21, 2015 at 8:04:05 pm
Last Edited By John Cuevas on Jan 21, 2015 at 8:05:37 pm

Those are illustrator paths, right. First, in illustrator, create a docuement that this the same size as your final comp in AE will be(this way when you copy pahts everything should line up)> Next, I would break out each path to it's own layer. The last turn that goes left and offscreen, I would make each color it's own layer separate from the rest of the path, so you can layer it on top in AE. Save as .ai

Now import as a comp into AE. With illustrator open, copy the paths from each layer and paste them to the corresponding layer in AE, if the sizes are the same, they should create mask paths corresponding to the path you copied from AI. Add a generate stroke effect, animate end points.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved