ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Render rectilinear from AE 3D camera

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Woods
Render rectilinear from AE 3D camera
on Jan 21, 2015 at 5:47:01 pm

Does anyone know of a way to achieve this? I'm working with a rectilinear image for a 360˚ animation, and I want to do some post work on the image and render out the same format. I can't seem to find any solution to this. The AE 3D camera doesn't seem to have the ability to render out a 360 panorama so I may be stuck here, but I thought I'd throw this question out to you guys in hopes maybe someone has a clever work-around. I can easily do this in Nuke, but I'm trying to find a solution based in AE so its easier for other artists to work with who may not have Nuke.

One thought I had was possibly create 6 cameras and render out a cubic map, but there's no way to render all of them simultaneously and stitch them into a proper rectilinear format after the fact. Its a head-scratcher for sure, but I would love to hear anyone's suggestions if they have them! Thanks.

Return to posts index

Cecilia Sweet-Coll
Re: Render rectilinear from AE 3D camera
on Apr 13, 2015 at 3:14:26 am

Did you ever manage to figure this out? I'm having a similar issue... want to composite several 2D animated assets into rectilinear for VR

Return to posts index

Bryan Woods
on Apr 13, 2015 at 5:04:09 am

I did actually! Its a little complicated so I was planning on putting together a tutorial on how to do it. It unfortunately requires a 3D package, but only to generate a distortion map. The rest is handled in after effects. Email me if you have an upcoming deadline and I can share with you some of the assets before I put together the tutorial.

Return to posts index

Vince Lund
on Apr 13, 2015 at 6:14:17 pm

hi Bryan, looks like I might be just in time to join the party! I've been experimenting with some of this, and come up against the same issue. I would love to hear some of your tricks. Much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Cecilia Sweet-Coll
on Apr 13, 2015 at 11:37:53 pm

That's fantastic news. Glad to hear there's other folks working on this. That's fine - I'm good with Maya and C4D. I do have a deadline soon so when you get the chance please email me (and Vince at the same time?) or send us your email :) mine's sweetcol@usc.edu. Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Fabio Bompani
on Oct 4, 2015 at 12:58:35 pm

Hi Bryan,
i'm really intrested in doing 360 video directly in after effects. Where can i find your tutorial about the distortion map in Ae?
Thanks!
Fabio

Return to posts index

Bryan Woods
on Oct 4, 2015 at 9:24:13 pm

Hi Fabio. I've scrapped my project unfortunately. However, the good news is someone has made a plugin for working with 360 video in AE! Check it out here:
https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/1064966

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]