ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Keeps Crashing due to multiple effects!!!!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron JonesAfter Effects Keeps Crashing due to multiple effects!!!!
by on Jan 21, 2015 at 4:55:12 am

Hello, I am having a major problem with my after effects project. I am currently using After Effects cs6 11.0.3 on a Macbook Pro OSX 10.9 Duo core with 4GB of ram 500GB hard drive with a NVIDA GeForce 9400m 256 MB graphics card. Not a very beefy computer as you can see. Now the problem I'm having I am trying to render out a project yet a couple seconds into the project AE crashes. When adobe crashes it says it's because of an error with optical flares. It then says there's an error with curves,levels , slider control. The project I am trying to render is an project that consists of element 3d, optical flares, curves, levels , slider controls, presets pack from video copilot, as well as trapcode form. Now I've tried the secret menu, gpu is off, and even caps lock during render. All these methods have failed . I don't know what else to try or do someone please help!!!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: After Effects Keeps Crashing due to multiple effects!!!!
by on Jan 24, 2015 at 12:20:53 am

That is a very weak GPU to be trying to use Optical Flares and Element 3D, which rely heavily on the GPU.

Try the same composition without these GPU-heavy Video Copilot effects, and see what happens.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved