ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Video for Windows 7

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger BurtonVideo for Windows 7
by on Jan 20, 2015 at 12:26:37 pm

Hi chaps, I have made a short video for a client who has an ageing laptop with a tv monitor plugged in, I have burned the clip to dvd but it won't play (maybe the drive is no good) so I want to burn a video file that will open on the windows machine and loop ... I know nothing about windows media player so advice on format etc very welcome.

... many thanks Roger

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Video for Windows 7
by on Jan 20, 2015 at 12:34:45 pm

Use Adobe Media Encoder with the WMV presets. This should give you a good starting point. Do a few tests though to see what combination gives you the best playback experience o the hardware you have to work with.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Roger BurtonRe: Video for Windows 7
by on Jan 20, 2015 at 4:02:20 pm

Thanks ted ... I don't seem to be able to find WMV in the presets of ame ... (I'm on a Mac) ...

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Video for Windows 7
by on Jan 20, 2015 at 4:57:35 pm

You can't do WMV on a mac unless you buy software that can. I would do an H264 file because those should work pretty much everywhere.

Return to posts index

Post removed by author on Jan 20, 2015 at 9:54:50 pm.

Roger BurtonRe: Video for Windows 7
by on Jan 20, 2015 at 7:22:57 pm

I'll try an H264 and have downloaded a couple of mac usable conversion (to wmv) utilities and will get back if anything works, it's several years old, the laptop, and is running windows 7 ... whatever that means !

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Video for Windows 7
by on Jan 22, 2015 at 3:31:05 pm

Windows 7 is fairly modern. You can buy many computers today that are running it still. The current version of Windows is 8, but many folks dislike its touch-oriented interface when they don't have a touchscreen device.
Windows 10 is coming out soon (they're skipping 9 for various reasons that I find hilarious in a very nerdy way) and we'll see how that goes down...

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved