ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

H.264 Render problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mathew AllenH.264 Render problems
by on Jan 19, 2015 at 9:32:56 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been having an issue with rendering out a 2400x180 mov at H.264.

I receive the error "Warning: Output file will be resized from 2400 x 180 (1.00 PAR) to 2000 x 180 (1.00 PAR) to meet format constraints"

So i have been using rendering out a lossless mov then using mpeg stream clip to convert to H.264 but this messes with the colours.

Does anyone have a good work around or could help ? :)

Thanks.

Mathew

Return to posts index

JP PelcRe: H.264 Render problems
by on Jan 19, 2015 at 9:58:40 pm

What version of AE are you using? What Operating System are you using?

Most likely it is because your H.264 level is not high enough. In the render queue, click on Output Module, then under video output click "Format Options..." then change "Profile" to high and "Level" to 5.1

Although I would recommend continuing what you are currently doing. In my experience AE doesn't encode H.264 well at all, so you are much better rendering out your comp as lossless then converting to a deliverable format with other software

Return to posts index

Mathew AllenRe: H.264 Render problems
by on Jan 19, 2015 at 11:05:45 pm

I'm using After Effects CC 2014 and running Mavericks.

I cant seem to find "Profile" and "Level" i'm sure i'm being an idiot here so i've attached a screenshot :)

Could you recommend any software that well convert to H.264 and not affect the colours ?

Thank you for your help !!

Mathew

Return to posts index

JP PelcRe: H.264 Render problems
by on Jan 20, 2015 at 3:46:43 pm

Under the "Main Options" tab change "Format" from Quicktime to H.264.

As far as a color shift when converting to H.264, are you viewing the video in quicktime? You are probably experiencing the dreadful H.264 Quicktime gamma shift. Google it and you will see many people have encountered this, it basically comes down to Quicktime handling gamma in a very poor way, you should use VLC media player to check outputs.

Return to posts index

Mathew AllenRe: H.264 Render problems
by on Jan 20, 2015 at 4:11:43 pm

They seem to have changed the Formats available under "Main Options" in After Effects CC 2014. I think using AME may make a difference.

I was viewing it in Quicktime. Now viewing in VLC and still seems to be a slight colour difference but theres a definite improvement.

Thank you for all your help !!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]