ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

plexus extruding away from path/mask

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grant Mentzelplexus extruding away from path/mask
by on Jan 19, 2015 at 5:47:59 am

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know how to make plexus extrude away from a path/mask rather than inside of it? I'm trying to create this effect where noise slowly moves away from a mask built around a person almost as if some cosmic force is leaving their body. However, every time I build a mask, it just moves towards the person. I'm new to plexus and can't find anything similar to this type of effect on the web. Additionally, I'd also like to track lights around their hands where plexus can take shape with the hand in motion. Think as if the hand is typing and plexus is built in to their hands moving in sync with every motion. Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Derek BoettcherRe: plexus extruding away from path/mask
by on Jan 19, 2015 at 7:46:16 am

If I am understanding you correctly, you need to adjust the z offset or positioning for the extrusion into negative z space. That will allow the extrusion to get closer to the camera. Without it in front of me, I couldn't be sure, but I believe there is a scale you can use too. If you need e help let me know, and I will open it up and be more thorough.

Derek Boettcher
Creative Management
BTH Media Group

Return to posts index

Grant MentzelRe: plexus extruding away from path/mask
by on Jan 19, 2015 at 8:39:14 pm

Hey Derek,

Thanks so much for the response. The effect I'm trying to achieve is best illustrated in the video link below. It occurs at at about 3:22. It would extrude on the x axis rather than go into z space. Thank you again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved