ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Walk cycle sliding feet problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Spiridon MekasWalk cycle sliding feet problems
by on Jan 19, 2015 at 3:44:05 am

I'm compositing an animation film and i'm constantly having to deal with sliding feet on walk cycles.

Now, i know how to manually adjust position of the floor, frame by frame so that the movement of the floor matches the movement of the feet but i was wondering is there a quicker solution/trick that could automate this.

I have a lot of scenes where the animated figures are walking in place and the background is moving which is where this is an issue.

My animation is hand drawn and therefore not so precise, meaning that the movements are not completely precise to match the mathematical movement of the background that is added in AE.

Thanks for any thoughts on this!

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Walk cycle sliding feet problems
by on Jan 19, 2015 at 4:34:27 pm

Try posting in expressions forum. Pretty simple since the person is stationary, the ground just needs to move the opposite distance of the leg pushing away.

A simple script where when the leg touches the ground, the ground position equals the ground plus foot distance

Return to posts index

Spiridon MekasRe: Walk cycle sliding feet problems
by on Jan 19, 2015 at 4:40:19 pm

Yes that would do the trick, probably with a null object tracked on the foot, since the animated figure is an image sequence.

I didn't even notice there is a expressions forum, sorry. I'm kind of new here.

Thank you Chris!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved