ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects to Photoshop 32bit screening issue/16bit color change

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashly SanfordAfter Effects to Photoshop 32bit screening issue/16bit color change
by on Jan 16, 2015 at 3:20:09 pm

Hello!

Hoping someone out there might be able to help me with an issue I'm having. I've been working on a project for a client in After Effects in 32bit. Its a pretty involved job with lots of layers and masks and I wanted to export the layers to photoshop to continue working on them but to my surprise there are some layer modes in phototshop that dont work in 32bit. In particular the layer mode screen does not work and its being used in this job a good bit to achieve the look of the piece. I also tried switching to 16bit in After Effects but that changes all the colors in my project and washes everything out. I'd rather not go back and rework every layer in 16bit but I'm not sure if there is another solution.

Anyone ever run into this problem?

Thanks for your time!

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: After Effects to Photoshop 32bit screening issue/16bit color change
by on Jan 16, 2015 at 8:33:13 pm
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Jan 16, 2015 at 8:40:02 pm

If you make an adjustment layer and add the effect
levels-individual controls clipping turned on and the 32bpc should clip to 16bit values
in export while still working in a 32 bpc workspace. I know screen works differently in 32 so try 16 export
with clip or preclip the 32 ae in photoshop before applying modes

Return to posts index

Ashly SanfordRe: After Effects to Photoshop 32bit screening issue/16bit color change
by on Jan 19, 2015 at 9:02:18 pm

Thanks for your reply Chris!

I am not exactly sure I follow your solution though. When I add "Levels (individual controls)" and turn the "Clip to output black" and "Clip to output white" both on, is there a way I can export to 16bit from there without changing my workspace to 16bit? Not sure what you mean.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: After Effects to Photoshop 32bit screening issue/16bit color change
by on Jan 19, 2015 at 9:40:37 pm

It's the render output module. If it says millions its 8 bit, trillions 16 bit, float is 32bit.

Return to posts index

Ashly SanfordRe: After Effects to Photoshop 32bit screening issue/16bit color change
by on Jan 20, 2015 at 4:03:02 pm

Unless I'm missing something, you cant export a layered photoshop file from the render output module. I thought the only way to export layers was from the Composition menu and there you can't make any choices in terms of how its output.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]