ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Duik in After Effects on a High DPI screen

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dylan Hayes
Duik in After Effects on a High DPI screen
on Jan 13, 2015 at 3:02:04 am

Hi all, been a long time lurker, but this is the first time that after digging around I can't seem to find a thread talking about the current problem I'm running into.

I just upgraded my system to a high DPI display (3200 x 1800) -- it's beautiful, and so far After Effects has looked great on it so far. I have some experience using Duik on my old desktop, and am pretty familiar with it. But after installing it on this new computer, I can't get the UI Panel to display properly for the life of me. I can only see half of the buttons, no matter how big I make the panel window, rendering it useless. I've tried turning my resolution down and adjusting scaling options etc, but no luck. Does anyone else have any experience with this? (For reference, I'm using Win 8.1 with After Effects CC).

I've attached an image of what it looks like. I can only access the left half of the panel, and if I stretch the panel out to fill the entire width of screen I can see a tiny sliver of the icons on the right hand side. Any advice is great appreciated! Sorry if this is a really obvious answer or it has been posted elsewhere before.. I feel like the solution is really simple and I'm just not seeing it. And thanks for the awesome forum, you guys have gotten me through a lot of rough spots!

Example of panel with only left column visible:
http://i.imgur.com/ey7zQh9.jpg

Example of panel stretched across whole screen:
http://i.imgur.com/ErY6Grk.jpg

Return to posts index

Ryan Stubbs
Re: Duik in After Effects on a High DPI screen
on Feb 9, 2015 at 5:21:42 pm

I know this post is a bit old, but I am having the exact same issue, but with a MammoWorld plugin - Tracker2Mask. My resolution is 3840x2160. There has to be a solution for this, right? High dpi displays are becoming increasingly more useful and common. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Josh Williams
on Jul 13, 2016 at 3:53:42 pm

This is old for sure but if anyone stumbles upon it run the script in AE by going to file > Scripts > run script file
Worked for me

Return to posts index

Josh Williams
on Jul 13, 2016 at 2:15:41 am

I have the same problem and it's driving me crazy. Never had this with AE before. Didn't think it might be tied to resolution

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]