ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Quick time movie screen grab plays for only 10 secs

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger BurtonQuick time movie screen grab plays for only 10 secs
by on Jan 12, 2015 at 8:17:49 am

Hope it's not a big no-no posting this here as well as in 'basics' there seems more traffic here.

Well it seems like years since I was here, very sadly my AE work has dried up but I have a very small project which involves me recording the imac screen using qtime ... the movie qt creates is fine and plays in qt but when I drag it into AE and make a new comp the action freezes after about 10 seconds, am I being stupid or am I missing something ... thanks in advance for your help.

Roger

Return to posts index

Thomas LeongRe: Quick time movie screen grab plays for only 10 secs
by on Jan 12, 2015 at 1:20:06 pm

Here's a shot in the dark: AE defaults to a comp of 10 secs unless otherwise specified. So check your Comp duration settings.

Return to posts index

Roger BurtonRe: Quick time movie screen grab plays for only 10 secs
by on Jan 12, 2015 at 1:34:47 pm

Thanks Thomas but no ... the comp is the length of the clip, however if I open the clip in QT and 'export' it - it behaves correctly ... go figure.

Best Roger

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Quick time movie screen grab plays for only 10 secs
by on Jan 12, 2015 at 3:47:47 pm

I'd guess it's a function of the amount of memory on your machine. An AE RAM Preview will use all the memory available to it, and yours maxes out at the 10-second mark.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Roger BurtonRe: Quick time movie screen grab plays for only 10 secs
by on Jan 12, 2015 at 4:29:01 pm

Thanks Dave, I have 16gb ram, usually plenty, anyway the video freezes even if I just scrub through the timeline (ie not ram preview), thanks for trying ... I found a solution anyway (as previous post) export out of quicktime and it seems to work so I'm going to stop worrying about it ... good of you to take the time.

Roger

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]