ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Blurring out Object in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David BurnsBlurring out Object in After Effects
by on Jan 10, 2015 at 9:37:12 pm

I am trying to blur out some logos on some Private Jets to keep the owners of the jets confidential. The video is not the most stable video, I have already watched some tutorials on how to do this. But I am running into a problem..
I track the motion, and move the track motion boxes over the logo, and then link it to an adjustment layer.. The problem is the tracking will not stay focused on the logo, when the camera moves the blur moves off the logo, how can I keep the blur stationary on the logo even when the camera is moving?

I hope I explained this well, any question that would help you help me, let me know :). Thank your very much!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Blurring out Object in After Effects
by on Jan 11, 2015 at 12:31:32 am

You should track the logo on the plane and then apply that track to an adjustment layer that has a blur on it and a mask that isolates the area of the plane. You can of course stabilize the footage first, but do not use that track data for your blur layer.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Jerome de WinRe: Blurring out Object in After Effects
by on Jan 11, 2015 at 10:35:05 pm

Try 3D camera tracker to track the camera movement. select a tracked cross, right click to make null and camera and you'll be able to use the null to attach your blur to.
Or you can make your blur 3D and copy the position of the null to it as I did on this video:

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Blurring out Object in After Effects
by on Jan 12, 2015 at 3:27:01 pm

Tracking the logo or using the 3D camera tracker are both good solutions. If they are having trouble keeping the track though, you could probably just track it manually. Sometimes adding keyframes every few frames is less frustrating and saves more time than trying to get the perfect track with other tools.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved