ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is there a way to wiggle transform shapes but not individual paths?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim DarskiIs there a way to wiggle transform shapes but not individual paths?
by on Jan 10, 2015 at 12:33:44 am

Please help.
In After Effects Shape Layer I have a shape of a car made of several paths. I used repeater to make a freeway full of cars from that shape. Now I want to introduce a little randomness to the position of those repeated cars. But when I used Wiggle Transform it scrambles the position of all the paths instead of keeping the shape of the car intact. It doesn't matter if the shapes are in a group or if all the paths are in one shape. Still AE transforms position of each individual path instead of a car. Is there a remedy to that?
Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Is there a way to wiggle transform shapes but not individual paths?
by on Jan 10, 2015 at 1:16:48 am

You have to animate their position, and apply a wiggle to that, not to the paths of your shapes.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jim DarskiRe: Is there a way to wiggle transform shapes but not individual paths?
by on Jan 10, 2015 at 1:51:37 am

That would work if I don't use the built in shape repeater. But I did - so everything is in a single shape layers. And the repeater controls the positions of the "clones". I was hoping that the shape wiggle transform property could effect and randomize the position of those clones. That's what's not consistent for me. Repeater clones the shapes, but wiggle transform always effects the paths, no matter in they are grouped or put under one shape. Why?...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]