ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Using Emoji font in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe VacUsing Emoji font in After Effects
by on Jan 5, 2015 at 4:18:00 pm

Working on a twitter type graphic and I'm looking for the Apple Color Emoji font in Ae so I can type out certain Emojis. The font list does not include the Apple Color Emoji font even though its active in Font Book. Does anyone know how I can get it to show up and use it in Ae. Also unusable in photoshop and can't use a graphic pic as its a toolkit to allow client to change text easily.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Using Emoji font in After Effects
by on Jan 5, 2015 at 7:28:49 pm

I can think of one reason why it's not available -- I don't think you can scale that typeface. You can scale typefaces in AE.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Matthew WoodsRe: Using Emoji font in After Effects
by on Jan 5, 2015 at 7:53:16 pm

I have tried to do this as well, but was unable to. The emoji typeface is vector, and does scale. You can scale it with a word processor. It does behave a little differently from normal fonts though. I ended up taking high resolution screenshots of the emoji I needed, and animated by hand. One interesting thing, if you paste an emoji into an After Effects text layer, the emoji isn't visible in the composition no matter what font you choose (I tried all my unicode fonts), but it is visible in the text of the layer name on the timeline.

Need a quick break from motion graphics?
Try my game Constellation at:

Return to posts index

Arie StavchanskyRe: Using Emoji font in After Effects
by on Jan 27, 2016 at 4:29:00 pm

I found this article that allows you to do it, but you have to create it in Illustrator first then export as PDF.

Arie Stavchansky | Demo Reel | Portfolio of Creative Work | Blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved