ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Strange glitches after rendering

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Smith
Strange glitches after rendering
on Jan 2, 2015 at 1:00:12 pm

Hi, I'm new to after effects. I just made my first video. I have a couple of questions. Does it usually take 1hr and 30 mins to render a 10 sec video?
My cpu fx 4170
RAM: 8GB vengance ram

I rendered my video a couple of times, when i used a third of the resolution it came out fine. Everything was in place, all the text and animation but the resolution was bad. So i rendered it in full (this took over an hour) and the text went to the left top corner twice very fast and then it came back to the middle. It did this twice.

So i rendered it in after effects as AVI then h.264 and then i put it into media encoder and rendered it and it did the same thing.

You can see what happens on that yt video.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Strange glitches after rendering
on Jan 2, 2015 at 6:30:54 pm

[Bill Smith] "Does it usually take 1hr and 30 mins to render a 10 sec video?"

It can. See Improve performance [link] for things you can do to try to speed that up.

[Bill Smith] "I rendered my video a couple of times, when i used a third of the resolution it came out fine. Everything was in place, all the text and animation but the resolution was bad. So i rendered it in full (this took over an hour) and the text went to the left top corner twice very fast and then it came back to the middle. It did this twice. "

Try to clear your cache. Assuming you are using Ae CC or CC 2014, Edit > Purge > All memory & disk cache.

If you are using Ae CS6, you can purge the disk cache from Preferences > Media & Disk Cache.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Bill Smith
Re: Strange glitches after rendering
on Jan 3, 2015 at 6:37:58 pm

Thanks bro it worked :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved