ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Time synchronisation between Comp and nested comp, when Time Remapping is used

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Iris MolemanTime synchronisation between Comp and nested comp, when Time Remapping is used
by on Jan 2, 2015 at 12:47:23 pm

Hello,

When I'm working in after effects, I often lock the composition viewer and open the timeline of a nested comp inside the concerning composition. In that way, it's possible to edit the nested comp and directly view the result in the master comp. After Effects automatically plays the master comp on the right time then. But it's a problem when the nested comp is a Time-remapped layer inside the Mastercomp. Is there a way to edit in 'real time' in the nested comp, and let AE automatically jump to the corresponding'Time-remap-time'in the Master comp?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Time synchronisation between Comp and nested comp, when Time Remapping is used
by on Jan 2, 2015 at 3:37:37 pm

No.

Time-remapping is one-to-one going from the containing comp the time-remapped comp (that is, every frame of the containing comp refers to one and only one frame in the time-remapped comp), but it's one-to-many going the other way (that is, a single frame in the time-remapped comp may appear multiple times in the containing comp).

That said, I have a rough internal-use-only script for dealing with time-remapping navigation; maybe I could polish it up a bit and release it.

Does your time-remapping ever go one-to-many? If so, how does this tend to work for you?

What about extreme slow motion, where a single frame of a time-remapped content is stretched over many frames in the containing comp? In your mind, what's the most natural point to match back to there?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]