ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

What happened to the Panel "Group Gripper" in CC 2014?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Shoppell
What happened to the Panel "Group Gripper" in CC 2014?
on Dec 31, 2014 at 8:29:46 pm

This thing in the upper right hand corner of grouped panels used to let you move all the tabs at once time. It was super helpful for redocking a group of panels in a floating window into another window. Now if you want to dock the panels again you have to move each tab individually. There isn't a "Dock Grouped Panels" option in the menu drop down on the individual tabs and I can't seem to find something that functions similarly to the group gripper. It's still mentioned in the AE Help Workspace page.

This isn't a problem specific to one computer either. My computer at home (Window 8.1), at work (OSX Mountain Lion), as well as a local studio (Windows 8) where I've been freelancing all don't have it.

Is this a bug with the recent UI reskin? Or is this a purposeful change? I hope it isn't because it really eats up my time when I have 5 panels that need to be moved at once.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: What happened to the Panel "Group Gripper" in CC 2014?
on Dec 31, 2014 at 11:55:03 pm

I answered your duplicate post here:
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1669749

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Michael Shoppell
Re: What happened to the Panel "Group Gripper" in CC 2014?
on Jan 2, 2015 at 4:10:00 pm

I appreciate the quick response.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]