ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to use keyframe velocity on opacity of composited CG elements for realistic effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Isadore Ducasse
How to use keyframe velocity on opacity of composited CG elements for realistic effect?
on Dec 31, 2014 at 5:22:25 am

Greetings!

I have a scene where I've composited bullet holes on the wall next to a actress. She gets hit and falls, and I need to adjust the visibility of the impacts for when her arm is in front of them as she goes down. I've keyframed the opacity down to the exact frame, but the effect is very obvious and mechanical, as in it is noticeable when they just reappear.

I tried animating mask shapes but the effect comes out the same. I think I will probably need to use some type of keyframe velocity or interpolation to get what I'm after, but I'm not sure what to try next. I've tried easy ease but haven't noticed much of a difference.

Return to posts index

Derek Boettcher
Re: How to use keyframe velocity on opacity of composited CG elements for realistic effect?
on Dec 31, 2014 at 6:39:03 am

I would track your actress I mocha, using different shapes for different parts of her body. Then when you paste you information back into the ae scene, first duplicate your footage to create a background plate, then have your bullet holes and lastly your mocha mask on top. The mask will cover the holes when her body passes over them.

Best,
Derek Boettcher
Creative Management
BTH Media Group
http://bthmedia.com

Return to posts index

Isadore Ducasse
Re: How to use keyframe velocity on opacity of composited CG elements for realistic effect?
on Dec 31, 2014 at 6:46:26 am

My mistake, I forgot to mention I'm in CS3 and have not used Mocha. A upgrade might be possible later but I'd rather finish this project first.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 2, 2015 at 8:14:17 pm

Since you're on CS3, you'll want to look at the process of Rotoscoping. Here's a google link:
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=after+effects+cs3+rotoscoping&revid=15...

Good luck.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]