ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How can I fix this error: AEGP Plugin CINEWARE SceneLayer: CINERENDER - Connection failure (5027 :: 12)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amaury DiazHow can I fix this error: AEGP Plugin CINEWARE SceneLayer: CINERENDER - Connection failure (5027 :: 12)
by on Dec 30, 2014 at 4:15:25 am

Helllo I'm new working with AE an cinema 4D, I get the error "AEGP Plugin CINEWARE SceneLayer: CINERENDER - Connection failure (5027 :: 12)" when I launch AE, and I think it does this for every .c4d file I have in this project. I can see the file just fine in C4D lite, and in after effects I see a black screen in the comp window. However I can see the thumbnail of the c4d file in the project window when I have the c4d file selected. The layer is active in the comp's timeline as well. Not sure what to do about this. Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Amaury Diaz

Return to posts index

Rob SmithRe: How can I fix this error: AEGP Plugin CINEWARE SceneLayer: CINERENDER - Connection failure (5027 :: 12)
by on Jan 15, 2015 at 9:23:46 pm

Try this:
Go to the Effects Control panel and click on Cineware Options
Under CINEWARE TCP PORT mine was set to 5030 and I changed it to 5027, and now I can see my CD4 layer in AE

Hope that helps!

Return to posts index

John-Henry KeenanRe: How can I fix this error: AEGP Plugin CINEWARE SceneLayer: CINERENDER - Connection failure (5027 :: 12)
by on Apr 14, 2015 at 7:39:16 pm

Changing the TCP port to 2027 worked for me too, but I also had to purge my memory and disk cache (Edit - Purge - All memory and disk cache), then quit and reopen after effects for the changes to take effect.

Return to posts index

Mike HornRe: How can I fix this error: AEGP Plugin CINEWARE SceneLayer: CINERENDER - Connection failure (5027 :: 12)
by on Nov 13, 2016 at 2:58:23 pm

I was able to fix it by running After Effects as Admin (on Windows 10). My port is still 5030. I also added the Cinema 4DAE.exe plugin and Cinema 4DLite.exe apps to my Windows Firewall approved apps list, although I'm not sure if this would have made a difference.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]