ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After effects rotoscoping issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie KashettaAfter effects rotoscoping issue
by on Dec 27, 2014 at 10:03:15 am

I'm trying to rotoscope a walking sequence and am having an issue on render. I have gone frame by frame within my comp and when I view the rotoscoping within the timeline it looks great. I've checked everything frame by frame. When I render it out there are big chunks of the rotoscoping missing.

I have checked every frame and its not an issue of AE just guessing what should be next. Ive even matched up the render and time frame to the exact point and nothing I can think of changes the render at all.

Any help would be appreciated I'm at my wits end about how to fix it.

Return to posts index

Jamie KashettaRe: After effects rotoscoping issue
by on Dec 27, 2014 at 11:47:55 am

I cant quite figure out how to put images up on this but I have links to share.

First link is what i see on my timeline after rotoscoping:

and the second link is what i see on the same frame on the render:

If you look in the upper left hand side of the screen you will see a flak cannon which is a layer added to the footage. In the timeline in between the two soldiers you can see the whole cannon. But on the render the space which has been rotoscope doesn't show in that particular area but the rest of it including the soldiers in front of the parachute which is also a layer being rotoscoped render just fine.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: After effects rotoscoping issue
by on Dec 30, 2014 at 3:17:57 pm

How are you doing the rotoscoping? If you're using the RotoBrush, have you frozen it?
Why is the "working" screenshot so pixelated? Are you working at half or quarter resolution?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved