Mocha for AE Issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Johnson
Mocha for AE Issues
on Dec 24, 2014 at 4:45:41 pm
Last Edited By Kevin Johnson on Dec 24, 2014 at 4:48:40 pm

2014.1 AE on PC

1920x1080i clip in 1080 AE comp. Send to Mocha. The surface and adjusttrack zoom window isn't representative of the area that I am trying. For example, if I'm trying to find the exact corner of an iphone (white bezel and black screen area), the zoom window is nowhere close to there, just showing a blurry white mess. Any sort of fix?

I've never been able to use a DNXHD 145 clip in Mocha, it always comes in black. This causes all sorts of issues as I'm forced to use an intermediary for the tracking (usually motion jpeg), and a higher res for the actual comp. Animation codec out of Avid looks like garbage most of the time. What do you use with Avid/PC workflow?

Also, if I export an exact in/out clip and do the track in mocha, the last tracked frame will always jump as it seems to want to look at the next frame to interpolate the motion. Annoying.

Does Mocha Pro solve any of these issues?

Kevin Johnson

Autodesk Smoke Artist
FCP Editor
Washington, DC

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Mocha for AE Issues
on Dec 26, 2014 at 5:23:44 pm

For the Intermediate file, I'd suggest a quicktime movie in the Photo JPEG codec. Much smaller file size than Animation, and darned-near lossless. An alternative -- QT's in the PNG codec (not PNG image sequence).

It's a head-scratcher why the Animation codec would look so crummy. I presume you use QT Version 7 and not that lousy QTX.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Dec 30, 2014 at 3:03:15 pm

You might consider updating. 13.2 has some bug fixes.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Ross Shain
on Jan 2, 2015 at 7:30:00 pm

Hi Kevin,
I would suggest logging a support case as this does not sound like standard behavior.
http://www.imagineersystems.com/support/contact-support/

"1920x1080i clip in 1080 AE comp. Send to Mocha. The surface and adjusttrack zoom window isn't representative of the area that I am trying. For example, if I'm trying to find the exact corner of an iphone (white bezel and black screen area), the zoom window is nowhere close to there, just showing a blurry white mess. Any sort of fix?"

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems
http://www.imagineersystems.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]