ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Tracking advice!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alen vrecerTracking advice!
by on Dec 22, 2014 at 10:28:09 pm

I would like to track rotating bottle and replace texture withnew one.
How i do that.

Return to posts index

Richard GarabedainRe: Tracking advice!
by on Dec 22, 2014 at 10:43:19 pm

Idk how you track a rotating bottle, probably easier just to fake it using cc cylinder.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Tracking advice!
by on Dec 22, 2014 at 10:51:29 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Dec 23, 2014 at 9:24:56 pm

Wow, that's fast. Unfortunately, you didn't give yourself a very easy way to create the effect in the way you may expect. Other applications may be better suited for the task.

It's brighter on one one side of the bottle than the other. The edges aren't very well-defined because of the extremely-powerful light-wrap and blooming from the window light. The green on the bottle isn't consistent because of the changes in the lighting. There's lots of motion blur to deal with. I guess those are tracking marks on the green label, but there are droplets of liquid on top of them which I imagine you want to preserve.

Thank goodness it's only 19 frames... but since it's almost a 360-degree arc -- and so fast -- it's like working in Photoshop, with 19 different stills.

What can you tell us about the details about this shot to help us give you a fighting chance of success? It may turn out that each frame will have to be a custom compositing job because each frame is so different.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved