ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Lip syncing in After Effects?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erin HerbstLip syncing in After Effects?
by on Dec 22, 2014 at 3:34:39 pm

Not sure if AE is the right forum to be posting this in but it's the only animation software I'm familiar with. I'm doing a video for the local fire department in my town and the idea is to film a horse and then animate his mouth so it looks like he's speaking to a script (which we will have a voiceover artist record). The inspiration came from the old "Happy Cows Come from California" ads (you can see an example here: The script is 234 words and the video should come in at just over a minute.
I'm looking for someone with experience in computer animation/special effects that would be able to edit the horse's mouth to sync up with the voiceover artist's reading.
Since I have zero experience with VFX/animation whatsoever, I'm planning to post the job here on Creative COW and ODesk and see if I have any luck finding someone. My question is, what type of software is used to to do this type of project? For example when I write the job description should I say "Must be proficient in ______ software/design" or "must have experience with _____." I have no idea what skill set/techniques I should be asking for and figured that will be vital to know both before we film/photograph the horse and as I look for talent to edit the video. any advice would be VERY much appreciated. Thanks :)

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Lip syncing in After Effects?
by on Dec 22, 2014 at 5:43:56 pm

You can do this sort of work with After Effects. This article collects several methods for doing so:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved