ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Apply Motion Tile with Warp Stabiliser

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey CarterApply Motion Tile with Warp Stabiliser
by on Dec 18, 2014 at 7:01:02 am

I'm currently working on some footage shot with a drone. It's a little bit shaky and therefore use Warp Stabiliser to stabilize the shot, which turn out great.
Now because of the empty space on the sides of the shot I want to apply Motion Tile to fill up the gaps.

I do not want to crop or auto-scale my shot because I want to maintain the quality, so how would I achieve to apply Motion Tile to it?
The only thing that pops in to my mind is to track the shot again and somehow hook a mirrored duplicate next to it..

Is there some workaround for this?

Greetings!

JK Carter

Return to posts index

Derek BoettcherRe: Apply Motion Tile with Warp Stabiliser
by on Dec 18, 2014 at 3:03:59 pm

The warp stabilizer effect already has "synthesize edges" option. It is under the Borders>Framing drop down. Just twirl it down and select it, then the options will un-gray in the advanced section. I would also suggest doing a detailed analysis. It takes longer but often provides a better result.

Best,
Derek Boettcher
Creative Management
BTH Media Group
http://bthmedia.com

Return to posts index

Derek BoettcherRe: Apply Motion Tile with Warp Stabiliser
by on Dec 18, 2014 at 3:26:34 pm

But if you really want to use motion tile here is the workflow:

Create a comp 2x the size of your footage. Add the footage to it, and then put motion tile on the footage. Adjust your settings. Next make a comp the intended output size, and place the first comp in it as a layer. Apply the warp stabilizer effect, then choose stabilize only.

Best,
Derek Boettcher
Creative Management
BTH Media Group
http://bthmedia.com

Return to posts index

Jeffrey CarterRe: Apply Motion Tile with Warp Stabiliser
by on Dec 19, 2014 at 5:12:14 am

Okay, thanks for the advice as it worked out great for me. It sounds as simple as it could be but i couldn't figure it out myself. Awesome.

The "Synthesize Edges" option indeed gives me some room to play with, although the amount of blur/feather and random vague placed pixels does not often give the best results.

Thanks for sharing!

JK Carter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]