ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

CC update December 11/14 - any issues?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim CunninghamCC update December 11/14 - any issues?
by on Dec 12, 2014 at 3:34:35 pm

I noticed a number of updates showed up yesterday, including one for AE CC 2014. Has anyone tried these yet? I know there was a problem w/ dynamic link & PPro and was wondering if this update contained the promised fix. Also, if the update introduced any new anomalies:-)

Return to posts index

Tim KurkoskiRe: CC update December 11/14 - any issues?
by on Dec 12, 2014 at 6:17:50 pm

No update for After Effects or Premiere Pro was released this week. Updates for the CC 2014 versions of both applications are scheduled for release next week. The update for After Effects addresses some issues with Dynamic Link. Detailed information will be available when the updates are released.

This week an update for Adobe Camera Raw (8.7.1) was released. Because After Effects loads the common Camera Raw plug-in, this appears as an update to After Effects in the Creative Cloud application manager. More information on this update to Camera Raw is here:

Return to posts index

Jim CunninghamRe: CC update December 11/14 - any issues?
by on Dec 12, 2014 at 8:43:30 pm

Thanks for the clarification. Looking forwards(hopefully)to next week:-)

Return to posts index

Shawna Mascarelli-CookRe: CC update December 11/14 - any issues?
by on Dec 30, 2014 at 9:14:14 pm

Don't install it.

I was excited for the Dynamic Link fix, but it's had a ripple effect. Premiere no longer all. A 7 minute video is slated to take 6 minutes to export at start, then ramps up to 6 hours in no time, then inevitably freezes. I ran a CUDA update and removed all plugins from the project and same result. All our computers are affected. What's worse, our backup computer which didn't receive the update (just in case) will no longer open the projects that have now been opened by the new version... it's not a versioning problem, it simply crashes the system.

There's a serious problem here. I hope Adobe fixes it soon. Direct exports from Premiere are just as impossible as Media Encoder exports. :-(

MAC Pro 10.9.5
2 x 3.06 GHz 6-Core
64 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Dual Screen
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2048 MB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved