Track

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stig olsen
Track
on Dec 10, 2014 at 10:40:26 am

Hi,

The strangest thing happened.
When doing a track in Mocha, applying the data to a corner pin layer in AE, one out of four times the resoultion of the layer that is comped inside the ipad screen drops to a minimum with those jigged edges.
I do apply the track data to the layer, it then fits perfectly in the screen but the resolution of that layer drops.
I have no idea why this is happening.

stig

Return to posts index

stig olsen
Re: Track
on Dec 10, 2014 at 11:01:33 am

This is how it looks - http://www.filemail.com/d/cajckkceecvxnth
It almost looks like a scale issue.

Return to posts index

stig olsen
on Dec 10, 2014 at 3:11:15 pm

If I export the tracking data with the motion blur option it will make this problem.
If I export with the non motion blur option it is ok. But I need to put motion blur on the image so I need to have this to work.

Anyone?

Stig

Return to posts index

James Archibald
on Dec 10, 2014 at 5:11:25 pm

Have you only tried it with the red solid so far? Try turning on constant raster and see if that resolves it. Otherwise, Power Pin is motion blur aware in AE CC so you can transfer your ordinary corner pin data to that and use motion blur that way as opposed to using mocha's motion blur data.

• Archie •

Return to posts index

stig olsen
on Dec 12, 2014 at 11:14:13 am

Perfect solution.
I have tried to copy the four corner pins (copy/paste) onto the powerpin, but it was not correct. Can you please help with a step by step guide on how they can be transfered correctly? Thanks. Stig

Return to posts index

James Archibald
on Dec 12, 2014 at 12:19:55 pm
Last Edited By James Archibald on Dec 12, 2014 at 12:21:02 pm

The simplest way is to get both effect properties open in the timeline (corner pin with keyframe data & a fresh power pin) then one by one select each property of the corner pin and copy it onto the corresponding property of the power pin (Upper Left --> Top Left, etc...)

Make sure you're at your first corner pin keyframe whilst copying, or it will paste offset to the timing of the footage.

Once done, disable or delete the corner pin effect, leaving the power pin with its pasted data.

Alternatively, what I tend to do is use an expression on each of the four corners of the power pin telling it to use the corner pin's data i.e. effect("Corner Pin")("Upper Left")
Then turn off, but don't delete the corner pin. This way if you have any further tweaks in Mocha, you can just paste the new data onto the Corner Pin and the Power Pin will automatically update.

Hope this helps, mate.

• Archie •

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]