ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Camera H E LP

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
samuel kimCamera H E LP
by on Dec 6, 2014 at 9:14:59 am

I am trying to create and intro where it goes from the bottom to the top in a Zig-Zag Formation, each point displaying an title with a picture on the bottom of it. While it on the picture, it continues to transition to the next picture, but in slow-mo. After 5 seconds of displaying, it will then transition to the next picture. I am not sure how to create it. I would assume it is a large Photoshopped Picture and would use the camera to transition to each point. Any help?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Camera H E LP
by on Dec 6, 2014 at 12:03:12 pm

For doing a project like this, I use null controlled camera rig based off of this tutorial: Simple Camera Rig

Andrew Davis also has a good 3 part series on the subject of AE cameras and creating a very similar rig: Animating a Camera 1

Both of those tutorials explain some of the issues you will encounter when using AE cameras.

Another option is to use Video Copilot Sure Target 1.5, it won't really teach you about why cameras behave the way they do, bit it's a pretty nifty little plugin that will automatically get you from 1 video to the other. It's a lot more limiting than if you keyframed everything with a regular camera.

And here is a link to the updated version: Sure Target 2

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved