ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Guidance with after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay PtlGuidance with after effects
by on Dec 4, 2014 at 11:18:01 pm

Guys I am need couple of guidance.

1. When I export my video from it does not go smoothly. Can anyone help me with that?

2. Also when I export for nearly two minute video it takes more than 2 hours to export with file size of 100 GB. I needed to export it fast, high quality and smooth motion effect which I have kept with mp4 or mov format; but with 'mp4 video format' quality is too bad and exporting in mov is not available.

3. I needed to create an effects like moving clouds and ocean effects with moon. Example like an image shown here? How can I do that?

Appreciate your reply in advance.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Guidance with after effects
by on Dec 5, 2014 at 1:03:10 am

See this:

Start here to learn After Effects:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Jay PtlRe: Guidance with after effects
by on Dec 5, 2014 at 5:42:20 am
Last Edited By Jay Ptl on Dec 5, 2014 at 5:43:37 am

For 1 and 2: the link didn't help me, I tried

For 3: I needed a specific thing such as Video Preview with adding ocean view. But there are none similar to basic training.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Guidance with after effects
by on Dec 8, 2014 at 1:55:55 pm

[Jay Ptl] "For 1 and 2: the link didn't help me, I tried"

We can't see what you're doing, so it's very hard to offer advice without more information.

Re: 1), what did you do? How are you exporting? What are you seeing, and what do you expect to see?

Re: 2), two hours to render two minutes may be normal. What's in the project? What are your system specs? What are your memory & multiprocessing settings?

Re: 3), vague questions get vague answers. Specific questions get specific answers.

It sounds like you are not yet very familiar with After Effects, and that you are trying to run before you can walk.

Answering the question "How do I make this entire specific animation" is going to fall outside the scope of a web forum, as there are dozens of little things to know and do. If you have gone through at least some basic training and can ask narrower questions, even show what have done and explain what more you are looking to do, you will get a lot more help.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved