ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

looking for total training benchmark project that can be opened with CC

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeremy webblooking for total training benchmark project that can be opened with CC
by on Dec 4, 2014 at 7:37:47 pm

I am wanting to compare some systems and I noticed that barefeats uses the total training benchmark. I downloaded it from http://www.media-motion.tv/aebenchmarks.html but it won't open with AE CC. it says I can convert it using an older version. Does anyone have an updated version of the project or have an old version of AE that they could try to resave it with?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: looking for total training benchmark project that can be opened with CC
by on Dec 4, 2014 at 9:05:14 pm
Last Edited By Michael Szalapski on Dec 4, 2014 at 9:05:46 pm

This page [link] lists what versions open what.

According to the page you linked, the files are AE 5.5 or AE 6.
Luckily, CS5 (version 10) opens AE version 6 files and I happen to have it on one of my work machines!

8267_totalbenchmarkae6savedwithcs5.aep.zip

There you go!

For the record, on my work rig, the first comp rendered in 7 seconds and the second did it in 33.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

jeremy webbRe: looking for total training benchmark project that can be opened with CC
by on Dec 4, 2014 at 9:55:31 pm

thanks for doing that. i'm curious what are the details of your computer?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: looking for total training benchmark project that can be opened with CC
by on Dec 4, 2014 at 10:04:53 pm

It's a few years old. It's got a couple of six-core Xeons at 3.33GHz and 48 GB of RAM. It's nice, but it's not like some of the monster machines some folks around here have.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]