ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Fx Key with multiple layers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian GraupnerAfter Fx Key with multiple layers
by on Dec 4, 2014 at 7:20:03 pm

I am using an old AFX version (7)
in my ongoing project I use hundreds of compositions which are all treated in the same way. therefore instead of simple adjustment layers I am using a layer which is an adjetment layer composition to change style in all compositions at once ... ussing the 'collapse transformations' button to effect the comp layers below.

the upper style comp layer aswell contains a standard key.
works fine to key out the background of the second comp layer ...
PROBL: but unfortunately aswell kills the new background in the 3rd layer which is aswell a comp to be used 100 times.

Q : is there a methode to make this remain ( without creating a new comp ) thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: After Fx Key with multiple layers
by on Dec 5, 2014 at 8:43:52 am

I'm having a hard time understanding your setup and therefore the issue. Post some screen shots of your timeline - this will hopefully make it clear

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Christian GraupnerRe: After Fx Key with multiple layers
by on Dec 11, 2014 at 3:10:57 pm

sorry for late reply . maybe I can simplify by asking : is there a method to make a layer resistant against keying ? ( the upper layer contains the key , mid layer contains the foreground , and the lower one is the background which should remain complete). screenshots attahched thanks in advance .

all the best

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: After Fx Key with multiple layers
by on Dec 11, 2014 at 5:58:54 pm

Make it a different color from what the keyer is keying. Or put it somewhere else in your comp stack and not underneath the keyer.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved