ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Re-Coloring a Wire

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Klaas BylRe-Coloring a Wire
by on Nov 28, 2014 at 5:09:15 pm

I do have a very specific shot I need to solve immediately but don't have a f***ing clue how to.
It's a white wire that needs to be colored in blue - It's been recorded ProRes 4444 on Alexa - But I don't manage to pick the white for masking it - I already startet to hand-color it. Does anyone have a better idea?
This is the shot (only about 1 sec.):

Any help appreciated!

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Re-Coloring a Wire
by on Nov 29, 2014 at 5:53:22 am

Lots of work! Where feasible, look into extracting a matte using either Extract or another effect to create a Luma Matte. For areas that cannot be captured by the Extract/Luma Matte route, you'll have to roto which is where Rotobrush may come in handy. Then, there is always manual rotoscoping for other areas which are just impossible to be selected by the aforementioned methods.

- Roland

TypeGEMs - the Definitive Type Gizmo for AE

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations
Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

Klaus StylRe: Re-Coloring a Wire
by on Dec 10, 2014 at 3:02:23 pm

Thanks - with extract matte and a bit of adjusting the key by hand it worked out quite well. :)

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Re-Coloring a Wire
by on Nov 29, 2014 at 4:36:02 pm

Changing the first parts of the clip is doable, but I would say it's very difficult and tedious. Rotoscoping is your best bet. Once the motion blur of the wire snapping back and forth comes into play, it gets even more interesting. I guess the motion blur of the blue wire doesn't have to be exact as long as it cover the white wire.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved