ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

CC2014 Cache Issue/Bug?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grayson BlackmonCC2014 Cache Issue/Bug?
by on Nov 24, 2014 at 4:47:27 pm

Has anyone had any Cache issues withe After Effects CC2014? I'm using the latest version and myself and a co-worker are having cache-related(we think) issues whenever we re-time something.

Specifically I was trying to create a looping comp using a 1second comp that uses the loopOut expression. It's basically a rangefinder set of lines that continuously move to the right. Inside the 1s comp it loops perfectly, but when I use loopOut, no matter what I do, or check, it creates a huge amount of motion blur on the last frame of the comp(even though it doesn't happen at all in the precomp)

My coworker was re-timing a scene with a person using twixtor pro, the footage is touched up to remove some wrinkles under the subjects eyes, but when twixtor is applied it appears to be using the wrinkled-eyed footage. It's 100% opacity and doesn't have a blend mode or any expressions. The original un-retouched image with wrinkles is a hidden(not shy) layer under the new footage for timing/matching purposes.
When the original footage is removed from the comp and the cache is cleared it seems to clear up.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: CC2014 Cache Issue/Bug?
by on Nov 25, 2014 at 12:07:44 am
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Nov 25, 2014 at 12:11:15 am

1. always precomp the footage before retiming or it cuts off part of the footage. twixtor the precomp instead.
2. install latest twixtor update
3. try image sequence to avoid possible codec issues
4. send bug to adobe with mad smiley >:( jk.

Return to posts index

Justin BerringtonRe: CC2014 Cache Issue/Bug?
by on Jan 13, 2015 at 2:33:40 am

I've not run into cache errors with retiming but myself and 2 coworkers are running into a caching error when doing any roto work. Occasionally when we're tweening the masks, certain frames will not have any changes made to them where there clearly should be something happening in the masked area. for example. I'll be subtracting an area from the footage and it will be working fine but I'll come to a frame that for whatever reason, the subtract does nothing, as if there's no mask. Once I purge the cache and memory it does what it's supposed to, but not always. Sometimes I have to continue working as though everything is fine and then it will fix itself.

I've not been able to find anything on the web about this issue. I've written to Adobe but have not received any response. If anyone knows a fix for this please let me know what it is.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved