ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

"Video Blocks" After Effects #60004-2 (AE Template: Photo Cylinder) Technique Solutions?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Monskey
"Video Blocks" After Effects #60004-2 (AE Template: Photo Cylinder) Technique Solutions?
on Nov 24, 2014 at 8:57:10 am

I am a member of Video Blocks and I have downloaded some of their "ADOBE After Effects" specific effects. I am using "AE Template: photo cylinder" effect, specifically (the link is below). It has 8 video/photo option boxes for variables (+ the final MAIN title) to fill in (the viewer is taken on a journey through a cylindrical wall of video screens stopping at 8 of the many many videos on the cylindrical wall of videos.
I would like to cut the number of video stops from 8 down to 6 (+ the MAIN title)---I am hoping this would shorten the time as well along with eliminating 2 video stops. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?
I do not work with After Effects very often at all, so my familiarity with how it works is pretty basic, but I think the elimination of these elements is possible with greater understanding of the program.
I really appreciate any help the AE masters offer.
(By the way---VIDEO BLOCKS suggests asking AE forums for specific help, otherwise I would visit their "support" team for help).
Thank you
Dan

http://www.videoblocks.com/video/photo-cylinder-after-effects-template/

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: "Video Blocks" After Effects #60004-2 (AE Template: Photo Cylinder) Technique Solutions?
on Nov 24, 2014 at 4:42:20 pm

You can delete the layers you don't want from the appropriate comp.

And the reason they sent you here was
1) they can't be bothered with helping you and
2) like us, they don't have every template from Videoblocks memorized for immediate recall. So like us, they'd be taking a shot in the dark.

Great customer service, no?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Derek Boettcher
Re: "Video Blocks" After Effects #60004-2 (AE Template: Photo Cylinder) Technique Solutions?
on Nov 24, 2014 at 10:36:36 pm

Likely in the project there is a 3d camera working, you would need to isolate which keyframes are controlling the final 2 positions, delete them, and then sure up the camera positioning and your transition effect layers for the main title.

If you aren't really familiar with after effects, it may just be easier to hire someone for an hour and a half (or however long it takes) to do it for you.

Best,
Derek Boettcher
Creative Management
BTH Media Group
http://bthmedia.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Monskey
on Dec 3, 2014 at 11:45:01 pm

Thanks guys for responding. I've found the project to be too much for my understanding. As you mentioned Derek, camera keyframes elimination is the issue not just deleting elements and that's just something of which I have no understanding. I consulted with Video Blocks who were eager to help but said it was a very complex, advanced and time consuming procedure---like rebuilding the entire project. Hiring someone is just not feasible either.
Thanks for responding guys.
Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]