ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Clone strokes on different layers interfereing with each other? So confused!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laura Sussman-RandallClone strokes on different layers interfereing with each other? So confused!
by on Nov 23, 2014 at 1:11:10 am

Hi, This is my first post and I am new to After Effects. I am working on a time lapse and am using duplicate layers to heal some flicker, as discussed here
The time lapse is of a drawing as it progresses.
I used the clone tool to remove some tacks that were showing in the frame, and did some painting as well. I set both effects to constant.

On the duplicate frames, I also did some painting in the alpha channel to reveal any progression of the drawing that is hidden by the duplicate frame.

The problem I am having is removing the tacks from the frames that have duplicate layers. I open the duplicate in the layer window, use the clone tool to remove the tack. It disappears in the layer window, but remains on the composition! However, if I disable the original constant strokes, the then the single frame strokes work and the tack disappears-but only on that frame. What the heck is happening, and how can I avoid it? I hope I described this adequately, thank you for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]