ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Photo like video - no moving objects or camera action

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Albert KowalskiPhoto like video - no moving objects or camera action
by on Nov 21, 2014 at 12:19:51 am

Hello,

I want to make a simple task but I struggle how to achieve it. So I have a photo shot. Simple - just an inside of some room.
Now I want it to look like it is a still video shot. There is nothing happening in the room. No light movements, nothing. I've read a lot of things about making things in the photo move but this is not what I need.

When you put a photo in your project even after rendering it still looks like a photo and the same shot recorded with a camera looks like a camera shot. That makes sense :) But I am wondering how to achieve this "movie pixel movement" in a photo shot?

For example here:

there are still shots but you can see the background has those moving pixels going on.

Return to posts index

Richard GarabedainRe: Photo like video - no moving objects or camera action
by on Nov 21, 2014 at 12:32:28 am

bad example video. But you could scale the image slightly, add depth of field, add some caustic lighting. add a slowly moving light.

Return to posts index

Albert KowalskiRe: Photo like video - no moving objects or camera action
by on Nov 21, 2014 at 12:39:37 am

I cannot scale the photo that's the thing. I don't want to add any lighting. It has to stay the way it is.

Let me be more clear. I have a camera shot of a room and a guy sitting in the center. It is a still shot, camera doesn't move. Now I capture one still frame of this shot, open it in Photoshop and with a Stamp Tool I remove the guy from the scene by copying the background on his body. Let say it is a very simple room and he is sitting on one color wall so it is very easy to copy the wall on him and remove him.

Now I go back to AE, put the edited image and mask it with some feather, so I have a camera shot of an empty room. But the problem is you can see the difference between the photo part and the video part. So I want to add something to the photo so it looks more "alive".

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Photo like video - no moving objects or camera action
by on Nov 21, 2014 at 1:15:55 am

Add some noise. That's about all you can do.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Photo like video - no moving objects or camera action
by on Nov 21, 2014 at 7:43:19 am

I agree with Dave- match the noise using the Match Grain effect. Select the video clip as grain source and play with the intensity and transfer/compositing modes - Film works best for me. Also check the monochromatic option.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]