ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Placing a movie clip along the path? (like Illustrator's pattern brush)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yoshiko TanakaPlacing a movie clip along the path? (like Illustrator's pattern brush)
by on Nov 19, 2014 at 3:42:00 pm
Last Edited By Yoshiko Tanaka on Nov 19, 2014 at 3:46:30 pm

Hi,

I am still a newbie to After Effects. I am trying to place a movie clip along a path. I have seen a couple of tutorials but they are for "moving" the image along the path and not placing it along the path like you can do with Pattern Brush in Illustrator. I kept telling myself that this shouldn't be hard but I just can't figure it out. Attached is the example of what I am trying to do in which the green stick will be an animated flower in place. Please advise! Thanks millions in advance.

Y

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Placing a movie clip along the path? (like Illustrator's pattern brush)
by on Nov 19, 2014 at 10:10:18 pm

It's a simple matter of playing around with position, rotation and scale on the layer. Nothing complicated. You'll have to do it for each flower, which might get a bit time-consuming, however.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Placing a movie clip along the path? (like Illustrator's pattern brush)
by on Nov 20, 2014 at 2:39:34 pm

Some of the MoGraph features of C4D (such as the cloner which you could use to place clones along a spline) would be excellent features for AE too.
I would suggest filing a feature request.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Yoshiko TanakaRe: Placing a movie clip along the path? (like Illustrator's pattern brush)
by on Nov 20, 2014 at 5:14:31 pm

Thank you for your reply! I was hoping that there would be a quick way to do it but since there isn't I will put some music on and start placing one by one. Thanks.

y

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]