ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Which version of after effects has the blue keyframes because I'm never updating..

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Garabedain
Which version of after effects has the blue keyframes because I'm never updating..
on Nov 17, 2014 at 4:09:08 am

I have Cs6 at home. and cc 2014 at work. Does AE CC have yellow keyframes or invis..i mean blue keyframes?

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
Re: Which version of after effects has the blue keyframes because I'm never updating..
on Nov 17, 2014 at 6:42:22 am

[Richard Garabedain] "Does AE CC have yellow keyframes or invis..i mean blue keyframes?"

It certainly does. If you're suggesting its an odd choice from a usability perspective – I agree. These blue keyframe icons vanish in the darker UI.

Though I'm sure Adobe's UI team has research and testing which indicate its a good choice.

If you want it changed you can let Adobe know you're not happy with their colour choice.

Perhaps they could make it an Appearance preference, like the overall UI brightness.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Which version of after effects has the blue keyframes because I'm never updating..
on Nov 17, 2014 at 3:35:19 pm

Ae CC 2014.1 has the blue keyframes.

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2014/09/after-effects-cc-2014-1-13-1.ht...

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Sam Lanes
on Nov 17, 2014 at 4:42:41 pm

Yeah, I'm not totally sold on the dark colour with blue in AE. For some reason, it doesn't bother me in Premiere, but I've had to lighten the interface of AE to just over half-way to make the keyframes stand out a little more.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Nov 17, 2014 at 5:18:02 pm

We're working on an update now that addresses the problems with the difficulty of distinguishing the keyframes. The update is targeted for a few weeks from now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Kevin Snyder
on Nov 18, 2014 at 2:39:53 am

Does the fix address all the blue instances or just keyframes?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Nov 18, 2014 at 2:44:39 am

More customization will come to the user interface in an update next year, but not the one in December 2014.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Krista van der Wilk
on Dec 22, 2014 at 3:35:16 pm

In the update, is it also possible to change the 'bigger' look of the fonts and spaces of the interface ? After effects cc 2014 seems to take over more space than needed, which comes with unneeded scrolling and less layers visible than before.
The first versions of After effects CC didn't have this issue as i recall ...

Return to posts index

Jack Chen
on Jul 16, 2015 at 2:08:08 pm

Yes, that blue has so little contrast. Sack whoever changed that colour. It was a pointless change for the sake of change.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jul 16, 2015 at 3:57:24 pm

AE CC 2015 includes even more customization options. With a bit of tweaking in the preferences, you can make the whole thing very readable. (Personally, I like the blue at the defaults, but I can understand the issues.)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]