ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can you export a movie to After Effects from DigiCell FlipBook HD with an alpha channel?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian SmithCan you export a movie to After Effects from DigiCell FlipBook HD with an alpha channel?
by on Nov 13, 2014 at 10:12:43 pm

Hello all.

I'm actually asking this before I purchase FlipBook. It has been recommended to me by a few respected people in animation and design as I just need something that is rudimentary enough for some simple character animation but still meets an industry standard. The animation will be used sparingly in a larger live action project.

Before I make the purchase I want to make sure that I can export the character animation (when needed) with an alpha channel. There will be times when I will need to create backgrounds in After Effects.

Many thanks for any advice.

Adrian s

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Can you export a movie to After Effects from DigiCell FlipBook HD with an alpha channel?
by on Nov 13, 2014 at 10:38:31 pm

The answer is almost certainly "yes". But, to be certain, what format and codec will these videos use?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Adrian SmithRe: Can you export a movie to After Effects from DigiCell FlipBook HD with an alpha channel?
by on Nov 13, 2014 at 11:19:29 pm

I am anticipating editing the project in the ProRes 422 format using Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.

I am in the pre-production/planning stage of things. Just want to make sure I have a good workflow - and try minimize the inevitable disasters down the road.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Can you export a movie to After Effects from DigiCell FlipBook HD with an alpha channel?
by on Nov 14, 2014 at 6:30:55 pm

you would need to let us know what kind of files flipbook can export, and then we could tell you if ae can import them.

but, assuming flipbook can export an image sequence -- like tif, tga, or png (all of which support alpha) -- then you shouldn't have any problems getting those files into ae.

if it can export quicktime files (mov), then both the lossless animation and png codecs support alpha and are a standard part of quicktime for osx and windows, so they would also be good options.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: Can you export a movie to After Effects from DigiCell FlipBook HD with an alpha channel?
by on Nov 14, 2014 at 6:59:44 pm

[Adrian Smith] "I'm actually asking this before I purchase FlipBook"

DigiCel has a free trial download, the output is watermarked but you may be able to determine whether it renders files in one of the formats that you require.

Return to posts index

Adrian SmithRe: Can you export a movie to After Effects from DigiCell FlipBook HD with an alpha channel?
by on Nov 14, 2014 at 7:22:12 pm

Thanks - I shall indeed try the free trial download. Good advice.

The software is spoken very highly of - but wow that's one funky product website.

I shall report back with my findings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]