ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Layers image/text are invisible

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Chun Ed.DLayers image/text are invisible
by on Nov 10, 2014 at 5:43:58 pm

I have a few layers that are texts and images. However, they are invisible on the screen. Not sure why. I did not have them as guide layers or hide them. But when I pre-compose these layers as one comp, they appear on stage. But when I go into that composition, it is invisible again. Not sure what is happening. I know it's not the text sizing issues since the image layer is invisible as well.

Suggestions would be helpful.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Layers image/text are invisible
by on Nov 10, 2014 at 6:34:01 pm

Check and see if in the invisible comp, you are looking at an active camera or front view, and not top or side. Another gotcha can occur when you accidentally push the "Area of Interest" button next the resolution pulldown.

If either of those aren't the issue post a screen grab of the comp and perhaps we can figure it out.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Jay Chun Ed.DRe: Layers image/text are invisible
by on Nov 10, 2014 at 7:12:32 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. No luck. I have attached a screenshot. Please let me know what I accidentally did.

2014-11-10_11-09-21.jpg

Jay

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: Layers image/text are invisible
by on Nov 11, 2014 at 4:01:54 pm

you are looking through the front view... only 3d layers will appear. Change "front" to "default camera" or switch layer 3 to 3d.

Return to posts index

Jay Chun Ed.DRe: Layers image/text are invisible
by on Nov 11, 2014 at 5:40:01 pm

Thanks Cassius!

I would've never known that. I couldn't find the answers elsewhere either.

Jay

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]