ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Change timeframes to seconds?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sara StiflerChange timeframes to seconds?
by on Nov 8, 2014 at 10:31:37 pm

So I know many of you can go to File > Project Settings and select Timecode to display seconds instead of timeframes, and I know you can Cmnd+click over the timecode in the corner, but it doesn't work for me and I'm not sure why.

When I toggle between display units, it simply switches between 00:00f and 0000 formats - it never goes to seconds.

Any idea why that is?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Change timeframes to seconds?
by on Nov 9, 2014 at 12:35:43 am

Because timecode isn't measure like that, it's measured either in total frame count or hours:minutes:seconds:frames.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Sara StiflerRe: Change timeframes to seconds?
by on Nov 9, 2014 at 1:25:13 am

But in some people's interface you see the timecode displayed in seconds. How can I configure mine to also use seconds?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Change timeframes to seconds?
by on Nov 9, 2014 at 1:21:48 pm

The timecode 00:00f would be your seconds:frames timecode. Though I'm not sure how you are getting the "f", can you post a screen grab of your timeline.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]