ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE Preset From Multiple layers?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tav FlettAE Preset From Multiple layers?
by on Nov 7, 2014 at 11:09:56 am

Hi there,

I was wondering if it is possible to make an effect preset from multiple layers?

I have 3 solid layers that I am using to create a chromatic aberration effects and was wondering if it is possible to save these 3 layers as 1 animation preset.

I haven't had any luck yet with more than one layer and was reading that the best way to do this is with .jsx scripting.

The script editor is impenetrable as I am no coder so was wondering if there's is an easier way to do this? In Nuke you can easily set up Macro's with a string of nodes which is I guess what I'm after.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE Preset From Multiple layers?
by on Nov 7, 2014 at 5:15:05 pm

Nope! Can't do that. But here's what you CAN do:

Get your chromatic aberration comp loooking the say it should. Delete EVERYTHING ELSE but what's necessary to create this.

(It goes without saying that this should be done in a duplicated project.)

Then Reduce your project. Save it with the innovative name, "Chromatic Aberration".

Then when you need such a thing, import the project into your current project and replace footage.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: AE Preset From Multiple layers?
by on Nov 7, 2014 at 10:40:09 pm

your other option would be to have 3 presets, one for each layer. something like 'chromatic aberration red', 'chromatic aberration blue', 'chromatic aberration green'....

Kevin Camp
Art Director

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved