ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Twirl Effect with Collapse Transforms

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phill LeonardTwirl Effect with Collapse Transforms
by on Nov 6, 2014 at 10:31:07 pm

I am having a bit of an issue right now with the twirl effect and I am wondering if anyone has any possible solutions. I am using the twirl effect to achieve a swirling morph between two layers. One is a picture and one is a vector. I have them precomped a couple of times, because that's how I need it. I am also working in 3D space. I clicked the continuously rasterize button to keep my edges nice on the vector, but when I click the CT button on my final comp I get the clean edges of the vector, but I lose the twirl effect. I have deduced that for some reason the effect does not translate into 3D space, but I was wondering if anyone knew a work around. The only other thing I can thing of is to just blow up the vector in Illustrator and then import it back into AE so I don't need to use the CR button, but I feel like there should be an easier way.

Return to posts index

Jason JantzenRe: Twirl Effect with Collapse Transforms
by on Nov 7, 2014 at 5:01:46 pm

Yeah, it looks like the twirl effect doesn't translate in 3d space, which actually allows for some cool distortion effects that sort of look like bending the layer in 3d space, but not the look you're going for. If you really want it flat and in 3d space, I'd export a larger file size to keep your clean lines and switch off CT.

Jason Jantzen

Return to posts index

Phill LeonardRe: Twirl Effect with Collapse Transforms
by on Nov 7, 2014 at 5:04:00 pm

Thanks Jason,

That's what I ended up doing, so it's good to hear that idea being reinforced.

Thanks again,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved