ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do I edit the Saved RAM preview render setting preset?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David CabestanyHow do I edit the Saved RAM preview render setting preset?
by on Nov 4, 2014 at 11:04:18 pm

Whenever I save a RAM preview to my disk a temporary Render setting called Saved RAM preview appears on the render queue while rendering, however the settings of it have the guide layers to current settings and I need them to off.

Is there a way to edit this setting? It doesn't show in the list of other render settings available.

Return to posts index

Tim KurkoskiRe: How do I edit the Saved RAM preview render setting preset?
by on Nov 6, 2014 at 7:33:24 pm

You can edit the Render Settings presets by going to Edit > Templates > Render Settings.

Similar path for the Output Module presets.

More info here:
http://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/basics-rendering-exporting.html

Return to posts index

David CabestanyRe: How do I edit the Saved RAM preview render setting preset?
by on Nov 6, 2014 at 7:37:26 pm

Thanks Tim, I created a preset for the output module, but there's no preset for Saved RAM Preview in Render Settings.

That particular preset only appears when I hit command before starting the RAM preview.

Best,
David.

Return to posts index

Tim KurkoskiRe: How do I edit the Saved RAM preview render setting preset?
by on Nov 6, 2014 at 7:45:54 pm

Ah, yes, sorry. Saving a RAM preview is a special case. I was thinking of the Pre-render settings.

So the logic of Save RAM Preview goes like this: you have the comp preview cached in RAM, and you simply want to save it to a file on disk. There are no further render settings for this case, you're going to get exactly what is currently cached in RAM.

Enabling settings would then potentially require After Effects to re-render the comp to match the new settings. At that point you're not saving the RAM preview.

So it sounds like you want a quickie Render Settings template that is similar to the Current Settings, just without guide layers enabled. Easy enough for you to set up in that dialog.

Return to posts index

David CabestanyRe: How do I edit the Saved RAM preview render setting preset?
by on Nov 6, 2014 at 7:48:54 pm

I'll do that. Thanks.

What you mention about no longer saving a RAM Preview after changing the settings makes sense.

Thanks for your help.
David.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]