ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Trapcode Suite MIR crashes AE whenever I try to load it ?????

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gene KancewickTrapcode Suite MIR crashes AE whenever I try to load it ?????
by on Nov 4, 2014 at 3:26:53 pm

I guess the Subject issue I wrote kind of says it all. All other effects w
load and work fine except MIR. Anyone have any reasons why or even a how as to fixing this prob. I've tried the repairing option and even removed the whole Suite and re-installed it but MIR still is the elusive one. I'm running the 64bit Win7 OpSys powered by an Intel Quad core @ an overclocked 280GHz. 3 GB of ram. Appreciate any and all help. gk

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Trapcode Suite MIR crashes AE whenever I try to load it ?????
by on Nov 4, 2014 at 7:26:04 pm

Wait... you only have 3 gigs of RAM? You have far more fundamental issues than an effect screwing things up! Get that machine up to at least 16 gigs.

Since we don't know the PRECISE OS version and the PRECISE AE version you're running, you might want to check whether there's a version of the plugin that matches your system... but that's a shot in the dark.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Gene KancewickRe: Trapcode Suite MIR crashes AE whenever I try to load it ?????
by on Nov 4, 2014 at 11:11:11 pm

I appreciate you getting back to me as soon as you did and I'm quickly going to take my computer out of the reasons you give for my 'mir' problem. Thing is I just did a clean install of Win7 64bit on this computer that had Win XP prior to it. Yes it had the 3 gig max of ram but I worked with it. On that 'pute I had every Trapcode and Effects Suite plugin installed and they all worked fine- even MIR. And yes I will eventually add as much ram as this motherboard (ASUS p5q-E) can hold. Money is tight so I can't just run out start buying bigger or faster. I'm not in this for money I do it because I'm fascinated with visual effects. I just thought it might be an issue of file misplacement which I've run into in the past. Sorry for the length of this and I really do appreciate your input to my problem. gk

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Trapcode Suite MIR crashes AE whenever I try to load it ?????
by on Nov 5, 2014 at 12:35:11 am

Something else you should know: AE isn't partial to overclocked processors. Set 'em back to normal speed.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Gene KancewickRe: Trapcode Suite MIR crashes AE whenever I try to load it ?????
by on Nov 5, 2014 at 10:55:50 pm

Thanx again. I did just that ( back to default settings).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]