ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

time remapped 50fps footage creating uneven juddery playback

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jesse richards
time remapped 50fps footage creating uneven juddery playback
on Nov 3, 2014 at 11:13:06 am

Hi

I have picked up an edit of some 50fps footage intended to be played back at 25fps for a slow mo look.

Most of the shots work well but there are a few sections where the footage has been time remapped at different rates which is basically causing jumps in the frames (ie it will play frame 1 -3 -5 then 6 for example)

The edit is locked and I just wondered if anyone had any ideas about how to counter this problem?

Cheers

Jesse

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: time remapped 50fps footage creating uneven juddery playback
on Nov 3, 2014 at 5:41:56 pm

You could try the Time Warp effect. It's tougth to say whether it'll do the trick for you, but it's worth a shot.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Buddy Brett Ramker
on Nov 5, 2014 at 6:17:43 pm

If the footage is retimed to 50% then the playback should be smooth if said footage was really shot at 50p. Instead of retiming to the footage you can interpret it to 25p resulting in a natural slow down. Since you are trying to get slow motion playback with footage that was shot 50p I would avoid timewarp. That effect only works well with a good Hi C shot, and even then it requires a lot of fiddling and rendering.

Best,

Brett

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 5, 2014 at 6:34:12 pm

I totally agree. But since this is one of these instances of trying to make chicken salad out of chicken s**t, the guy's gotta try, no guarantees of success offered.

It'll be a good lesson, learned the hard way: don't fart around with non-standard frame rates in a standard frame rate comp.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]