ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Video Compression to Big even in H.264

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan RiveraVideo Compression to Big even in H.264
by on Oct 29, 2014 at 11:20:56 pm

Hello, I'm currently working on a AE project. It is a simple project made out of 13 videos. Each video is like 3.0 MB, I have send my comp to video composer using the "Add to adobe media encoder" Menu.

I have set the video up in Media encoder but when i choose a compression of h.264 with the you tube HD preset the file gets like a 700mb size.

I am using the latest AE and AME versions CC 2014. I can upload the file which is like 30mb of size so someone can take a look at it if requested.

Return to posts index

Juan RiveraRe: Video Compression to Big even in H.264
by on Oct 30, 2014 at 1:17:33 am

Each video is not bigger longer that 1 minute, the size of the composition is 10 minutes. All of the files together are 29.00 mb

If somebody can help i will appreciated.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 30, 2014 at 2:14:14 am

Each video is not bigger longer that 1 minute, the size of the composition is 10 minutes. All of the files together are 29.00 mb

If somebody can help i will appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Video Compression to Big even in H.264
by on Oct 30, 2014 at 2:12:51 pm

The size of video files that you use in your After Effects project has absolutely no bearing on the size of the resulting video.

After Effects (and every other pixel-based compositor) works with completely uncompressed images. This means that, no matter how highly compressed your video files are (and they sound like they are really compressed), After Effects decompresses them and works on the full pixel data.

Anyway, the resulting file size is totally dependent on your render settings. If the preset you're using in the Adobe Media Encoder isn't right, adjust the settings. If you look at the bottom of the AME window when you're adjusting your settings, it will give you an estimated resulting file size.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 30, 2014 at 5:28:23 pm

Thanks for the Reply my friend!!

In the estimated file size it shows 19mb but still the file gets 700mb once compressed.

If you give me your email address i can send the file so you so can take a look at it when you can.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Video Compression to Big even in H.264
by on Oct 30, 2014 at 5:41:55 pm

Render your final file into an intermediate codec (like QuickTime with the Photo-JPEG codec). Then take the resulting file into the Adobe Media Encoder and see what its result is.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 30, 2014 at 5:46:29 pm

Ok. I will try that when i get back home. Thabkas again friend.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 7, 2014 at 2:28:43 am

It wen't down to 39MB which is good but the video have's very poor quality. I have tried several ways but no good result yet.There are some setting like youtube preset that shows 45Mb in the estimated the compresion takes like 15 minutes and then when its finished and i verify the file size is like 1.60GB. don't know what's wrong i remember this being so easy by just compressing with H.264 but know this is ridiculous.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]