ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Creating an In-camera Auto-exposure Effect to Alter Exposure and Glow in Real Time

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hayden MartinCreating an In-camera Auto-exposure Effect to Alter Exposure and Glow in Real Time
by on Oct 29, 2014 at 6:39:19 pm

Hi

Just wondering how I would create an effect that boosts or lowers my footage's luminosity values depending on the amount of highlights / lowlights per frame...

What I want to achieve is that often unwanted effect of auto-exposure created by filming without manually adjusting your camera's values to a scene.

If possible, I would like to set a low-light colour grade, then a high-light colour grade for the adjustment to move between... Maybe this could be done by grading separate layers of the same footage and just allowing their opacity values to link in a sine / cosine way, affected by luminosity values of the original clip?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Creating an In-camera Auto-exposure Effect to Alter Exposure and Glow in Real Time
by on Oct 29, 2014 at 11:16:09 pm

it would be simpler to adjust all your footage to a standard exposure, then grade.
You could try my auto exposure template, then precompose and grade if you want

if you enable the text layer and scroll Gamma Clamp at gamma*10 so that the text box reads 25, it will
fix timelapse, old movie's flicker and bad wedding videos where they walk indoors/outdoors.
https://f1.creativecow.net/6154/auto-white-balance-cs3-and-up

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]