ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Engine Flames Spaceship AE + E3D + Particles + Flars / Lights

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian SchneiderEngine Flames Spaceship AE + E3D + Particles + Flars / Lights
by on Oct 28, 2014 at 5:30:04 pm

Hi all,

my first post here so i hope everything works fine :-). in AE im working on a spaceship sequence in which a spaceship pass the camera slowly and you can see the engine flames. after that pass the spaceship flys
to an planet and in the back the sun of that planet rises(maybe some camera movement in the entire sequence). so a classical SF scene. my demands are not very high so it dosnt have to look really profesional ....but maybe cool ;-).i am not common with 3d tools espaccaly creating effects on objets and bring that into AE. So i use E3d + optical flares (made a few trys with trapcode paricular and the AE particle effects too), but my results are far from beeing cool locking and even basic requirements (rotating ship and effects keep proper orientation) will not work at the moment. I attached a few screens and hopfully that show what i try to reach. Can you give me some hints on that / guide me please?

I already managed it to attach the effect to the E3D object in the right position and it moves with the object. I created a Word Position layer to make the object intransparent for the effect which worked ....but still this one give me some troubles (view from the back: effect is not clear enough it fades out when i moving the object from the side view to the back view) any clues here please?

Return to posts index

Christian SchneiderRe: Engine Flames Spaceship AE + E3D + Particles + Flars / Lights
by on Oct 30, 2014 at 7:16:43 pm

Just asking, no ideas out there? I am on the worng Track with my usage of AE?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved