ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Reflections on screen replacement

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stig olsen
Reflections on screen replacement
on Oct 28, 2014 at 2:47:08 pm

Hi,

Ive done a screen replacement and the track is done in mocha.
It works perfectly fine.
I then have duplicated the original phone footage and put it on top with the blending mode set to screen to get the reflections.
But what I cant figure out is how to reuse the track on this layer so that I dont need to roto the screen. Anyone?

Stig

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Reflections on screen replacement
on Oct 28, 2014 at 4:02:55 pm

Don't you have the screen rotoed already with Mocha? You could use that.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

stig olsen
Re: flections on screen replacement
on Oct 28, 2014 at 8:21:04 pm

Yup. I just dont know how to use it. When I paste the mocha data onto the top layer, it puts the whole image into the tracked area. Stig

Return to posts index

Doyle Lewis
Re: Reflections on screen replacement
on Oct 28, 2014 at 8:42:55 pm

without seeing your footage and assuming that you didn't roto your screen in mocha, just tracked it, (Because if you did already roto it then Dave is right, just use that roto.) then I suggest sandwiching it between duplicates of your keyed screens that way fully opaque object in the foreground will block out any of your semi transparent reflections and your semi transparent reflections still show up over what you have on the screen.

Doyle Lewis, Assistant Videographer

thinkck.com

Return to posts index

stig olsen
on Oct 28, 2014 at 10:10:15 pm

Just track, not roto. I dont exactly follow. I need to use the tracked part as a roto as I only want that part to be used for the reflections.

Return to posts index

James Archibald
on Oct 29, 2014 at 12:04:48 pm

If I'm reading it right, create a new solid, paste your mocha Corner Pin data onto it so you have a fully opaque screen cover tracked onto it. Take your reflection layer and put it under this solid in the layer order, then set its Track Matte (TrkMat) to 'Alpha Matte'. This will keep the reflection within the boundaries of the screen without distorting it by adding the track to the reflection itself.

You could also apply the corner pin keyframes to a power pin effect instead, allowing you to manually control the expansion of the track matte, which can be extremely useful for fine tuning screen replacement edges and spill.

• Archie •

Return to posts index

Ross Shain
on Oct 30, 2014 at 9:42:30 pm

You would create a new mocha layer and draw a shape where you want your screen mask. Next, link it to the track layer. Then export shape to mocha AE and copy to clip board.

You can than paste this (edit>paste mocha mask) in AE and you will have AE AE mask on which ever layer you choose. (many ways to set up the actual composite).

Best,
R

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems
http://www.imagineersystems.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]