ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

E3D Object changing position between Full Resolution and Half Resolution

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Salman
E3D Object changing position between Full Resolution and Half Resolution
on Oct 27, 2014 at 11:37:11 pm

I've seen posts about people having problems with their E3D objects not showing up in Full Resolution. I haven't found any posts similar to the issue I'm having with E3D and Full Resolution.

I have an E3D Group Null parented to another 3D Layer, and I'm using the 3D Layer to rotate the object/Group Null, in a circular path, 90 degrees around the Y Axis.

Problem is: in full resolution, the Object breaks from the Group Null partway through the rotation and ends up about 90 degrees behind where it should be, but continues rotating along the rotation path from that point for the remainder of the rotation. But if I switch to Half Resolution, the object follows the null as expected.

This doesn't seem like a "GPU doesn't have enough power to render the object" issue, since it's clearly rendering it. It's just making the object jump position.

Would appreciate any thoughts/input. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: E3D Object changing position between Full Resolution and Half Resolution
on Oct 28, 2014 at 1:18:43 pm

have you purged any memory cache already?

Return to posts index

Jeff Salman
on Oct 28, 2014 at 4:20:58 pm

I have already tried purging all Memory & Disk Cache. Unfortunately that didn't help. Thanks for the effort, Cassius.

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Oct 28, 2014 at 5:06:01 pm

Thats very odd indeed...All I can think of is to check if you have tha latest version and if you can, try to open the project on another machine with different hardware...it seems like a bug to me.

Return to posts index

Jeff Salman
on Oct 28, 2014 at 7:08:10 pm

Updated to the latest version of AE. That didn't help. Don't have the option to try a machine that's more graphics friendly than mine at the moment, unfortunately.

I'm on:
OSX 10.8.5
16Gb Ram
Nvidia GeForce GT650M processor with CUDA, OpenGL (not too well-versed with these specs), with 1Gb of Vram)

Trying it on a machine with different specs is a good thought, though. I'll keep trouble-shooting and if I find anything, I'll post back.

Return to posts index

Jeff Salman
on Oct 28, 2014 at 9:07:53 pm

In case it helps someone else ...

The 3D scene I had set up in AE was very, very large. I scaled the whole scene down quite a bit, and now the objects in Element 3D move in the 3D space as expected at Full Resolution.

So it seems that at very large scales, at Full Resolution, the E3D object jumps sometimes, at certain positions in World/3D space, to another spot in World/3D space other than the one that it is supposed to be at. In my case, this happened when I was rotating the E3D object's group null in space. I had also tried just deleting the group null and pasting the world position where the problem was occurring directly into the position of the E3D object and I was able to recreate the issue. For some reason, at those large scales, (and only at Full Resolution ... at any less Resolution they behaved as expected), the objects within that Element 3D layer were not liking certain positions in world space and would jump to a different space. Don't know exactly why that happens, but again, as a workaround/solution-for-now, scaling down the whole scene made E3D behave even at Full Resolution.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]